Software Developer with a passion for learning new and drive to continuously improve. I love working with people on projects that involve developing complex back-end systems and give me an opportunity to learn and to share my knowledge.
Spring Boot, Microservices, JUnit, Mockito, PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Camel.
Cloud and Tools
AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambdas, Grafana, Prometheus.
Test-Driven Development, Clean code, Hexagonal Architecture, Scrum.
2011 - 2017
BSc (Hons) Computing and IT - First-class Honours
Courses: Software engineering; Object-oriented Java programming; Developing concurrent distributed systems; Algorithms, data structures and computability; Data management and analysis.
The final year project: development of a system for managing work at height PPE using Java EE 7.
1999 - 2003
BSc Mechanics and Machine Construction - 2:2
2022 - present
- Payment schemes integration.
2020 - 2022
- Development of new insurance sales platform integrated with EIS Digital Insurance Platform and price comparison websites.
- Enhancement and maintenance of pricing system.
- Migration from AWS Elastic Beanstalk to Kubernetes for containers orchestration and a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Assisting with the recruitment and mentoring of junior developers.
- Out of hours support.
2018 - 2020
Graduate Java Developer
- I completed the company's graduate scheme before the expected time.
- Development of a modern pricing system using Spring Boot microservices to replace an old monolith Java EE system.
- Member of esure's Agile Community of Practice.
- Out of hours support.
2006 - 2018
I was selected to join a newly formed Rope Rescue Team, which trained and competed in national challenges organised by the United Kingdom Rescue Organisation. In our first national competition, we achieved second place.
- Responding and resolving operational incidents.
- Educating community to improve safety, installing smoke alarms, organising school visits.
- Developing rescue skills to improve performance, organising training events.
- Inspecting premises, collecting information on risks and resources, producing reports.
2004 - 2006
Rope Access Supervisor
- Supervision of a team of Rope Access Technicians.
- Managing projects and communicating with clients.
- Provision of rescue capabilities.
Certified SAFe 5 Practitioner
- Domain-Driven Design – 2 days course by Victor Rentea – March 2022
- Effective Kafka – Emil Koutanov – January 2022
- Clean Architecture – 1 day course by Victor Rentea – September 2021
- Developing on AWS – 3 days course by AWS – June 2021
- Get Your Hands Dirty on Clean Architecture – Tom Hombergs
- The Java Module System – Nicolai Parlog
- Java 8 in Action – Raoul-Gabriel Urma, Mario Fusco, Alan Mycroft
- Camel in Action – Claus Ibsen, Jonathan Anstey
- The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride - Sandro Mancuso
- I am a keen climber. I climbed in many places in the UK and in Europe.
- I also enjoy travelling, running, scuba diving and piano.